It is SUPER important, and FUN, to read during your school breaks. These programs will reward you for it! Just click on the title for any program you’re interested in, and the site should open right up!
Earn a book!
- Read 8 books of your choice this summer. Keep track of them in your Summer Reading Journal (English or Español). Tell them which part of the book is your favorite, & why!
- Bring your journal to a Barnes & Noble store between August 1st-31st, 2019.
- Choose your FREE reading adventure from the book list featured on the back of the journal!
This is our favorite program for the accessibility (B&N has so many locations) and the fact it really pays off. Who doesn’t love earning a free book?
Earn a T-Shirt!
- Read ten books and record them on your reading log from the form linked on their website. Have an adult initial by the title so you get credit for reading.
- Once you complete your log, mail the form to the address on their site, and you’ll be rewarded with a special t‑shirt. October 1st to mail in your forms!
We LOVE H-E-B! We appreciate the later deadline than most other programs, and we love that this reward is wearable, so you can share your accomplishment. Open to residents of Texas only. Ages 3-12.
Earn a drawstring backpack!
- Read any 4 books from their Summer Adventure section
- Fill out & turn in your journal & get your backpack!
We like that this is fewer books, especially because they’re from a list chosen by the store. Still, great program with great rewards!
Earn “Bookworm Bucks!”
- Download and use this reading log in June and July. Add up your minutes and have your parent or guardian initial each week.
- Once you’ve reached 300 minutes or more, bring your reading log into your local HPB store to claim your Bookworm Bucks on or before August 29, 2019.
Teens can earn their bucks by leaving a short review on select titles
We love that HPB offers TWO programs, and that teens are included!
Ages up to 14 yrs old, or 8th grade, non-repeatable
- Read 8 books by Sept 8th and receive a Star Reader Certificate that entitles you to $1 off your next purchase at Amazon Books.
Honestly, this is not the greatest reward but you can turn in your list to multiple places, and if you already shop at Amazon Books then the coupon might be worth it for you.
Kids in grades K-5 can participate by following these easy steps:
- Read 10 books this summer, and track them on their Summer Reading Form
- Take the form to the nearest TD Bank & receive $10 in a new or existing TD Simple Savings account
Kids in grades K-5 can earn $10 with TD Bank Summer Reading program betwee June 1-Aug 31, 2019. $10 will be deposited into a new or existing TD Simple Savings account when coupon is presented at a TD Bank location.
This one we’re not familiar with, because TD Bank is not in our area, but it seems like a really great program because it both encourages you to read and save for the future!
What books are you reading this summer?